Thursday, February 17, 2011

chapter 10-15

Plot summary
-Works at McDonalds on Parramatta Road.
-Introduces Greg Sims into this chapter. "Greg Sims, I think will end up in jail and if not jail he'll end up dying in some pitiful alley from an overdose." (pg. 101)
-Anna and Josie get into a fight with Greg Sims and his friends.
-Anton Valavic and Jacob Coote come to save Anna and Josie.
-Jacob Coote asks Josie out, but Josie says "You'd have to meet my mother"(pg. 106).
-Josie talks to her mum about Paul Presilio about her date.
-Jacob Coote and Josie go on a date. "The reflection in the mirror was exceptional. I could've been on the cover of Hot Pants." (pg. 119) "He, instead, wore the oldest jeans I have ever seen and his jumper had holes in the sleeves." (pg. 120)
-Jacob and Josie's date ends bad and Josie storms off before the movie starts.
-Michael Andretti picks Josie up and they go out and have pizza together and talk properly for the first time as father and daughter.


Challenges faces
When Josie Alibrandi and Jacob Coote go on a date, they get into a fight. This occurs when Jacob say's "what the hell are you? the other day you called me an Australian as if it was an insult. Now you're not an ethnic? You people should go back to your own country if your so confused." (pg. 122). Josie has to put up with people calling her names and referring to her as a 'wog' or 'ethnic' throughout the novel.


Personal Response 
Chapters 10-11 show how Josie and Anna are able to cope in the situation between Greg Sims and his friends. "I spat at him. Something I had never done before in my whole life, but at that moment I hated him so much that spitting was the least of offences. He grabbed me by the front of my uniform and slobbered all over my mouth and I could hear Anna scream and pull me away while the bile rose in my throat." (pg. 104) 


Important Quotations
"Come on, Josie. Lets take turns in the back. I know your dying to. It's in your blood, you know."
Greg Sims - Josie Alibrandi (pg. 103)


"I didn't argue. Not because I saw him as my protector or anything like that. I think, deep down, I just wanted to be with him."
Josie Alibrandi (pg. 105)


"Get off my back, women. I wear what I wanna wear and I speak the way I wanna speak."
Jacob Coote - Josie Alibrandi (pg. 122)


"It was weird sitting opposite Michael Andretti. I kept on thinking to myself 'He's your father. He's your father' and the reason it was weird was because i really loved the whole atmosphere of it." 
Josie Alibrandi (pg. 1276)


Vocabulary
Buttering: Flatter or otherwise ingratiate oneself with someone.


Feigned: Pretend to be affected by ( a feeling, state, or injury).


Perplexed: Cause someone to feel completely baffled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home